Authorization for Temporary Stay (MKV) (subject to change anytime)
Foreigners with a visa requirement (with exception for those of Surinamese origin), who intend to stay in the Republic of Suriname for a period of longer than 90 days, should apply for an Authorization for Temporary Stay (MKV = Machtiging tot Kort Verblijf) at least 3 months before the intended departure to Suriname.
- A completed Authorization for Temporary Stay (MKV) application form
- Two recent passport photographs
- A copy of all written pages in the passport (stamps, visas, etc.); passport must be valid for 6 months upon arrival in Suriname
- A certified copy of the birth certificate
- An original certificate of good conduct
- Bank statements or other documents/information proving sufficient financial means during stay in Suriname
- If application concerns internship or voluntary work: a copy of an official letter of the organization/institution in Suriname stating the purpose and duration of agreement
- If applicant intends to work in Suriname: a copy of the labour/employment contract
- Proof of residence (if applicable)
- Proof of marital status:
- If married/divorced/single/widow: a certified copy of marriage license/divorce certificate/proof of widowhood.
- If cohabiting (partner relationship): proof of cohabitation in the country
- Notarized letter of consent by parents and a copy of the birth certificate:
- If a child (up to 17 years) is traveling alone
- If a child (up to 17 years) is traveling with one of the parents (with consent of the 2nd parent)
- a certified copy of the judicial decision in case of adoption/legal guardianship of a child (up to 17 years)
- A copy of a statement of guarantor in Suriname (in case of insufficient funds of applicant)
- A copy of valid health insurance
- A health certificate
Note: MKV applicants may not apply for other visas in the period in which their MKV application is pending.
Processing and handling fee: $ 100.00
MKV fee: $ 45.00
Note: All fees are non-refundable.
Forms of payment:
Cash (exact amount only and hand delivered)
Money Order / Certified Check / Company Check
No personal checks will be accepted.
Allow approximately 90 days for processing.
Where to send MKV application:
Embassy of the Republic of Suriname
4201 Connecticut Ave. NW, Suite 400
Washington, DC 20008
Tel: (202) 244-7488
Tel: (202) 629-4302
Fax: (202) 244-5878
Fax: (202) 629-4769